If you’re planning on buying a larger lot in Tierra Linda Ranch, and there are quite a few, you might be wondering about the nuances and details of buying large parcels of land. There are certain questions to ask and because lots in Tierra Linda Ranch are at least 5+ acres, there may be details to buying this type of land that you are not aware of.
Some questions to ask for the seller or the listing agent are:
- Can the lot be buildable as is?
- Is its own to put up more buildings?
- Can I subdivided?
- Are there any protective covenants?
- What are the common facilities such as easements, water or septic?
- Are there any homeowners association fees?
- Are there any additional access points to electrical, gas, water or sewer?
- Has a perc test been completed?
- Are there natural gas or propane tanks on-site?
- Does the property have a well, septic or city water?
- Are the boundaries clearly marked?
There are questions that you may want to ask a building inspector, health department and building planning department.
- Are the roads publicly maintained?
- Are the required setbacks for certain types of buildings, stables or houses?
- Is there adequate road frontage or right away for building?
- Are there restrictions on building size, height or lot coverage?
- What are the type of permits and fees required?
- Are there any specific zoning restrictions?
- Are there restrictions on land clearing or clearcutting?
- Are there any additional instructions or restrictions needed for Tierra Linda Ranch?
- What type of tests are required?
- Are there any known problems in the area with well water, sewer or septic?
Then there are those questions that you may want to ask utility companies before purchasing large parcels of land including:
- Will the power company be able to provide power to the building site?
- Do the lines run underground or aboveground?
- Will there be any obstructions?
- Is it natural gas or propane?
- What of the setups, fees and discounts for combining multiple utility services?
These are just a small snippet of questions that you should ask if you’re considering buying a large parcel of land, especially if you’re planning on building on that land. Builder Advisor.com has a lot more questions for lawyers, questions you should ask yourself and water treatment providers. If you have specific questions on Tierra Linda Ranch I know this area very well and would be happy to answer any questions you may have. I look forward to talking today about your new acreage at Tierra Linda Ranch.